Hayal Alekperov became the winner in the culinary duel in "Master Chief. Post show "on STB TV-channel28.11.2012
Hayal, you have twice won the "Battle of the Psychics" in Ukraine (7th season of "The War of the Worlds" and the 10th season of "The War of the Titans"), where you competed with the strongest psychics and mediums from all over the world. But it appears that you are strong, not only in extrasensory perception, but also in culinary. In "Master Chief" you showed yourself as a good cook and even surpassed mage and warlock Denis Holodnitsky in the culinary duel. Czech Goulash under prescription of Hector Jimenez Bravo in your performance looked very appetizing, and you feel secure at the kitchen. Tell me, where did you learn to cook?
- Well, you a little overdone with calling me a good cook. I just have some skills, and Hector explained to us what to do and how. My mother taught me basic culinary skills. From an early age I watched her cooking and doing something around the house, and when grown up a bit, I also became involved in the process. I love to cook, but now the opportunity to practice cooking falls very rare. This is simply lack of time.
- What is one dish that you consider to be your "best of the best"?
- I know how to cook dishes of my national cuisine, which I simply adore. My friends, for example, like how I cook hinkali. (It's like a Russian dumplings, but slightly larger in size and filling them is also slightly different. There are a lot more green, except the meat.) Also, I get a good lamb kebabs recipe from my dad. You know, in our family cooking kebabs is a whole tradition. And the smell always reminds me my childhood. After all, when I was a kid, all of our extended family, neighbours and friends gathered at us when Dad was doing barbecue. Such gatherings are very rare, as we did not live a wealthy life, but that's why they brought more joy.
- In connection with the shooting you are often in the Ukraine, how do you find our kitchen? Maybe you have a favourite Ukrainian dish?
- In Ukraine, I loved the dumplings with sour cream. The first time I tried them, when I passed the test on the project "Battle of the Psychics" in season 10 - at "The War of the Titans." We were invited to the museum "Mamaeva Sloboda" in Kiev, where the celebration of the Old New Year was held. There I get familiar with beautiful Ukrainian traditions, saw how people make sink of iniquity. And, of course, we were treated to local food. So, dumplings with sour cream since then - my favourite Ukrainian dish, though personally I don’t dare to cook them.
- Preparing of dumplings is extremely complicated task. Not every Ukrainian can do it. But you have to succeed in doing it, more over you speak the name of the dish in pure Ukrainian language :). We will be happy if your debut as a chef will be continued on STB TV-channel.
- I certainly do not pretend to be the veteran chef, but if I am invited to a program - make sure I will agree to participate. :)